- Clothing: People dress pretty casually on campus and during O-Week. However, always have those few fancier outfits for campus and college wide events (Martel keeps it classy.)
- Money: you might want some cash just in case your bank’s ATMs are not near campus. Rice has two Chase ATMs located in the Student Center and Fondren Library.
- A few clothing items you won’t miss. Houston is hot and you’ll sweat through a lot of clothes. (Be sure to bring a pair of shoes that you can throw away at the end of O-Week!)
- A phone: It could be super helpful.
- Possibly a computer or laptop.
- Your roommate’s phone number: Make sure to contact your roommates and suitemates so you can coordinate what to bring.
- Copies of important documents (e.g. birth certificate, passport): So your parents don’t have to send it later.
- Your O-Week Book!
- School Supplies: basic school supplies (Target is around the corner, so you can wait until you get here.)
- Bed linens: pillow, XL twin sheets, comforter or blanket.
- Laundry Items: laundry basket or bag, high-efficiency detergent and dryer sheets.
- Toiletries: Stay fresh and clean with some deodorant.
- Bathroom Items: towels or bathrobe.
- Houston Specific Items:rain-boots, umbrella, mosquito spray. Seriously though.
- Desk Items: alarm clock, desk lamp, backpack, power strips or extension cords.
- Plates and/or eating utensils for those late nights you’re craving Ramen.
- Extra room furniture: All Martel suites have common rooms, so some furniture could be nice.
- Washers and Dryer
- Light bulbs for Room Lights
- Microwaves, Refrigerators for Rent through H&D.
- Ovens. (Martel also has 5 common kitchen areas that contain Fridges, Microwaves, and Ovens).
- TVs: We have a large public TV Room but not in individual suites.
- Movies: we have a vast movie collection.
- Desks, Wardrobes, and Drawers.